Sunday 20 December 2009

Climate Wars

I happened to see a show called Earth: The Climate Wars. I caught the third in the series, but the whole of it is on iPlayer and can be seen for the next three days here:

  • part 1: The Battle Begins, which concerns the origin of the debate and some information on “Global Cooling”;
  • part 2: Fightback, which deals with the response of those who are sceptical concerning climate change;
  • part 3: Fight For the Future, which examines the current alleged effects of climate change, and what is believed may happen in the future.

It’s rather interesting, particularly as it looks into the sceptical arguments, albeit to dismiss them. I’d recommend viewing it even if you have strong opinions already formed. It is certainly presenting the pro cause, but if you’re interested in presenting the opposite, it shows what you have to argue against. It does seem to present a good case, and I’ll be looking for responses - there must be some out there on the interweb. Of course, any comments here are very welcome.

The series does have failings; I may post a summary of each episode if I get time along with my own thoughts as one still exploring this area.

1 comment:

  1. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website by accident. I bookmarked it. This article is genuinely good and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks

    Regards,
    Online Dissertation Proposal

    ReplyDelete